The sole motive of Naturopathic treatment is to cure diseases or disorders using an individual’s immune system and without including any modern medicine. At Niraa, we focus on dealing with health issues from the root and curing them using natural therapies and one of our efficient therapies is Detoxification.
Detoxification is the process that tries to alleviate the body from several impurities and toxins which can be the cause of various ailments or disorders. How do you identify if one is toxemic? Toxaemia is a condition that occurs when our body accumulates various toxins and impurities.
Symptoms of Toxaemia
- Gaining Weight too Quickly: It is one of the most common symptoms of Toxaemia. Abnormal weight gain and obesity can be signals of toxin accumulation and need to be checked without fail.
- Pale skin, lacklustre hairs: Dry hair that lacks moisture and lustre can also indicate toxaemia. Skin issues like dry and pale skin with irritation are also commonly noticed.
- Reduced Immune Response: Toxin accumulation in the body can lead to slow or reduced immune response.
- Heaviness after meals: Bloating or feeling heavy after meals can be a sign of toxaemia. It is also one of the neglected symptoms. One must check with a doctor if the symptom persists for too long.
- A rotten smell from mouth or body: It is not just due to oral problems, but also due to toxaemia that one can experience a rotten smell from the mouth or other body parts. One must see a doctor get a confirmed diagnosis instead of neglecting the symptom.
- Irritation, anxiety or depression: Toxameia and its other symptoms can play a major role in causing depression, and anxiety issues. A detox program with a focus on both the mind and body can help in addressing the problem.
- Excess sleep or insomnia: Irregular and improper sleep patterns can indicate toxin build-up. If one experiences sleeplessness or too much sleep, it must be addressed immediately by checking with a doctor.
- Uncontrolled thoughts: Toxaemia can lead to uncontrolled thoughts and increased brain activity. The other symptoms like insomnia and depression also indicate toxin build up in the body and need immediate attention.
Natural ways for Detoxification of our body
Niraa conducts a special detox program to naturally cleanse both mind and body. Here are some of the fruitful therapies as a part of our detox program.
This is one of the most powerful naturopathic treatments. The colon hydrotherapy process, in short, means sprucing up the colon with the support of hot water. This is because the colon hosts all the toxins that come from the gastrointestinal tract. Acquainted experts perform this process and it is also available in many spas and natural health resorts. Proper colon cleansing improves health by procuring the body with more energy and also increasing the immune system of patients. Hydrotherapy also involves consuming as many as 10 – 12 tall glasses of water, which also flushes out all toxins and impurities from the digestive system in the form of urine, faeces, or excreta.
Detox Juice Therapy and Fasting
In this therapy, a routine diet is replaced with abundant fruits and vegetables. Juicy beverages made from fruits and vegetables add water content to the body and flush out the toxins. We eliminate foods containing gluten, sugar, and excessive carbohydrates and replace them with gluten-free foods, plant-based protein powder, etc. At Niraa, we also serve healthy soups like broccoli broth, Brahmin soup, banana flower soup, etc.
Fasting by just consuming water can also be done under expert supervision. Fasting enhances self-healing properties.
Yoga and Exercise
- Neti ( It is the yogic way of cleansing nasal passages from all the impurities)
- Dhauti (it consists of numerous stomach-washing techniques)
- Basti (Ancient yogic enema, Shankha-prakshalana is a widely used Basti technique. Shankha means ‘conch’ and Prakshalana means ‘to wash completely’. This practice helps to wash the conch shaped intestines.)
- Nauli (turning of abdominal muscles to bring energy back into the flow and release blockages)
- Kapalabhati removes impurities from the frontal region of the brain and keeps the mind calm.
- Trataka. (Yogic purification and calming of mind)
These techniques are practised in various combinations to suit the specific nature of the disorder and individual requirements.
A detox bath is done using Epsom salt, also known as magnesium sulphate which not only throws out toxins but also has amazing health benefits like improving nutrient absorption, preventing migraine headaches, making insulin more active, etc. A detox bath is said to be one of the easiest healing properties.
Mud Bath Therapy
Mud is one of the five elements of nature. It has special healing properties, cooling, and moisture-holding capacity. The kind of mud that is used in a mud bath is highly rich in minerals and salts like dark cotton soil. How is a mud bath useful for us? It helps in increasing blood circulation and energizing skin tissues. Therefore, it helps in cleansing and enriching the skin.
According to Hindu mythology, Sun is worshipped as God. Ancient Vedas spell out the importance of Sun rays on living organisms. Sunbathing has disease-fighting properties and many additional advantages like improving blood circulation and removing toxins from our bodies. At Niraa, we perform this sunbath with proficient techniques that help fulfil all the benefits of sunbathing. Excessive sun exposure can also lead to skin irritation, skin cancer, and various skin related diseases. Niraa takes all the measures to safely conduct this therapy.
FIR Detox Therapy
Far Infra-red sauna is the most comfortable and safe type of sauna. Howpullerent is FIR sauna from regular saunas? The heat from an infrared sauna penetrates 2-3 inches deep into the body and it increases circulation, nourishes damaged tissue abodyulls chemicals into our sweat from fat storage.
This kind of drugless healing involves Detox foot baths which flush toxins out of the body into the water, this can be proved by changes in the colour of the latter.
There are many more procedures involved in the therapies like exotic skin wraps, herbal juices and concoctions, nature walk and meditation to enhance the customer’s experience at Niraa but there is another important therapy encompassed at the end of the detox program. Post the detox session, it is important to go back to the regular diet safely. After detox, we should also avoid consuming heavy and toxic foods. Sleep is also an important factor to recharge our bodies. Our experts suggest detailed lifestyle changes.